Welcome to WH Immigration company

Talk to expert

+1 519-808-1962

Office Phone
Contact Us
Licensed By:

About Work Visa in Canada

There are several options to work in Canada on a temporary basis. This will depend to a great deal on the nature of your work and the demand for your skills in Canada. We have provided a list of some options allowed by the Canadian immigration law.

The path to working in Canada for foreign nationals has two steps, the first of which starts with the employer getting a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). A positive LMIA means that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian is available to fill that job. The second step in this process is applying for a Work Permit. Of course, there are some exemptions for certain cases under certain circumstances

This program enables Canadian Families to hire caregivers to provide care for children and elderly or those who need medical care in their homes. Employers wishing to hire an in-home caregiver under this category must apply for an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to show that no Canadian worker is available to do that job.  

Employers, in order to hire foreign national under this stream, must demonstrate that they are financially capable of hiring a foreign national and meeting other obligations. They should also show that they have people in need of care, and that no Canadian or Permanent resident is available to do the job.

This program allows companies overseas, if they have a branch in Canada, to send foreign workers to perform certain tasks in their Canadian location, without the need to obtain a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

To do so, the foreign worker must satisfy the following requirements:

  • Have at least one-year of full-time work at the foreign company.
  • Provide proof of the linkage between the Canadian and the foreign business as well as the ties of the foreign national to the business.
  • The person being transferred to the Canadian business must have been employed by the foreign business in a similar full-time senior, managerial, or executive position.

Workers under this category may use the work experience in Canada to apply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)