Welcome to WH Immigration company

Talk to expert

+1 519-808-1962

Office Phone
Contact Us
Licensed By:

About Temporary Visa

Canada is known for being an excellent place, not only for living in, but also for tourism. Canadian universities, moreover, provide excellent education and, therefore, are considered important destinations for international students. While some visitors require a visa before traveling to Canada, others will require an Electronic Travel Authorization. Regardless of the purpose or duration of your temporary visit to Canada, it is important to submit the appropriate application and supporting documentation. Wide Horizon can definitely help you with your visa application

If you are from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, you must satisfy all of the below requirements when applying for a tourist visa:  

  • Show your ties to your home country.
  • Have valid travel documents.
  • Show financial ability to support yourself and those you support during your trip to Canada.
  • Must not be criminally and medically inadmissible to Canada.

If you plan to visit Canada for business purposes, the business visitor visa allows you to enter Canada and conduct your business activities without a work permit. This type of visa allows you to stay in the country for 6 months with a renewal possibility. In order to to be granted a visa, you should:

  • Demonstrate that your main source of income and business are outside Canada.
  • Possess a Travel Document that is valid for the entire stay.
  • Proof that your visit will be less than six months.
  • Show that you do not plan to enter the Canadian labor market

If you are a Visa-exempt traveler coming to Canada by air, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You must apply before booking your trip. To do so, you will need a valid passport and email address to apply and pay the required fees in order to receive your eTA by email. While eTA can take up to 72 hours to be issued; most applications do not need to wait this long to be approved. An eTA is valid for up to five years or until the expiry of the passport you used to apply for your eTA. The eTA allows you to travel to Canada multiple times, and stay for up to six months.

One of the important objectives of Canadian immigration laws is to see that families are reunited in Canada. The Super Visa was introduced to allow for citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada to be guarantors for their parents or grandparents to visit and stay in Canada for long durations. This type of visa has a 10 year validity and allows the bearer to stay in Canada for 2 years at a time.

Applicants for this type of visa must satisfy all of the below requirements:

  • Have an invitation letter from their relative who is Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
  • Show the financial ability to support the invited guests while in Canada.
  • Applicants must have ties to their home country.
  • Possession of valid travel documentation.
  • Show that they have the necessary Canadian private medical insurance.
  • Must be criminally and medically admissible to Canada.
  • This type of visa is for parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens Permanent Citizens of Canada