Welcome to WH Immigration company

Talk to expert

+1 519-808-1962

Office Phone
Contact Us
Licensed By:

Every year, Canada welcomes thousands of skilled workers in a wide range of occupations. There are so many options for individuals who possess the required skills and wish to live permanently in Canada. If you have the in-demand skills, you can apply as a skilled worker, or you may move to Canada as a temporary foreign worker. If you arrive in Canada as an international student, you may get a Canadianwork experience after graduation and qualify to apply for Permanent Residency.

Regardless of the immigration path you like to take, it is vitally important to have the right advice at all steps of the immigration process. Wide Horizon is able and ready to help you achieve your immigration goals. 

The Federal Skilled Worker Program is one of the popular immigration paths. It is known for being quick, easy and not expensive and has continued to serve as a major route for skilled applicants.

The program requirements change from time to time.  However, you must satisfy the program’s minimum requirements in order to be eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker. 

This program has minimum requirements for:

  • skilled work experience (at least one year of paid full-time or an equal amount in part-time in the same type within the last 10 years at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification)
  • language ability
  • education

If you satisfy all of the aforementioned minimum requirements, your application will be assessed against the following selection factors:

  • Language skills in Canada’s official languages English and/or French
  • Education,
  • Work experience,
  • Age
  • Availability of a valid job offer
  • Adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle in Canada)

This program is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents. This program provides an option for individuals who are already working in Canada as temporary workers or students, to apply for permanent residency. 

To be eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Program, you will need to have gained a minimum of 12 months of full-time work experience (or equal amount in part-time) in the last 3 years preceding the submission of your application; or a student. Your skilled work experience must be paid work at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification). You will also need to meet the language requirements of the program. 

This program offers a pathway for individuals who are qualified in an in-demand skilled trade such as:

  • Structural metal & plate work fabricators & fitters.
  • Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics.
  • Heavy-duty equipment Mechanics.
  • Steamfitters, pipe-fitters & sprinkler system installers.
  • Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics
  • Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers.
  • Welders and related machine operators.
  • Machinists & Machining & Tooling Inspectors
  • Telecommunications line and cable workers.
  • Telecommunications installation & repair workers.
  • Sheet Metal Workers.
  • Iron-workers.
  • Industrial Electricians.
  • Power System Electricians.
  • Plumbers.
  • Gas Fitters.
  • Elevator constructors & mechanics.
  • Crane Operators.
  • Drillers and Blasters.
  • Water well Drillers.


  • Plan to live in any province other than Quebec.
  • Meet language level requirements.
  • Possession of at least two years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade within the five (5) years preceding the submission of application.  
  • Meet all job requirements as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
  • Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a Certificate of Qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.

Since its introduction in 1998, the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) has been a major pathway to immigrate to Canada. Almost all provinces run their own PNPs to welcome skilled workers from all over the world in order to help strengthen their economies. Provinces have several immigration pathways including a Skilled Worker stream where workers may apply to immigrate to Canada for occupations that are in demand. These programs allow individuals who are already in the province on temporary status (students and workers) for people living abroad to apply. These programs are two-stage processes starting at the province level in order to get the approval and visa issuance by the federal government.